Saturday, April 10, 2010

Musical

Being married to Jeff has turned my life into a musical and I think it's absolutely hilarious.
He always breaks into song and can sing a made-up song about anything. Anytime. Anywhere.

Often times, he'll use the tune of a song either from the radio or from an actual musical such as these in the pictures. The words are generally all his. A lot of times, though, he'll just sing a random song that has to do with whatever he is talking about.

Examples from today:
"Please forgive me...I know not what I do...Please forgive me...(and this is where he changes it) You can't stop loving me..."

"You say it best...when you say nothing at all." Then, just to be funny, he continues and the next chorus he sings, "You say it best...when you keep your mouth shut."

In primary, Jeff sometimes doesn't know the right words or the right order or whatever. He sings loudly and throws everyone off.

During our lessons, when we are supposed to be using a song to illustrate the lesson, I'll say the words and Jeff makes up his own tune and sings like mad to the kids. It's awesome. He and Maddie often belt it out together with their own renditions of who knows what.

I think musicals are awesome. I love that the people just break into song at any moment and all is right with the world.
It's pretty cool living my life in a musical.

3 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Haha, that's awesome. I love this!

So excited to publish your Love Story tomorrow!!!!

Cheryl said...

In case he runs out of songs, I have a collection of musical movies to give him some more ideas! Love that you two are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

That's our Jeff. Crazy random songs. He's blessed with a wife who thinks it's cute and clever. Good job, wife.