Friday, September 23, 2011

I (H)ate Ants

I know a lot of people love summer.  I'm not one of them.  It is by far my least favorite season.  It's bloody hot.  We have flies and ants galore.  Because we have a swamp cooler, our place is ALWAYS muggy and our envelopes even seal themselves shut.  Food goes soggy and stale much faster than it should.  I just don't really enjoy anything about summer.  The thing I hate the most is ants.  We spray.  We clean the counters.  We spray some more.  We put food in Ziploc bags.  We clean and spray some more, but we still have ants.  The spraying usually takes care of them for a while but they always come back.  Even those little ant trap things don't keep them away.
We have recently had a little colony of sorts on top of our fridge.  Why?  I don't know.  Random.  Gross.  Annoying.  Anyway, we keep our cereal up there and make sure the bags are folded over as much as we can.  Last night, I was hungry.  I didn't feel like making dinner.  Jeff had pizza and I just wanted something easy.  I thought cereal would be great.  Honey Nut Chex really hit the spot for me a lot of times.  I pour myself a bowl, put the milk in, and sit next to Jeff to enjoy my cereal.  A couple of random bites tasted kind of weird, but not gross.  A little while later I looked into my bowl and what do I see?  Ants.  Yup.  Dead.  Floating.  Ants.  Are you KIDDING ME?!  I didn't eat very much before discovering this, but I ate some of it and that was too much for me.
I had a mini freak out and said to Jeff, "Um, I just ate ants" while trying to not think of how nasty the whole thing was and also trying to not puke because of said ants inside me. 
He tried really hard not to laugh, but totally busted up and said, "I don't even know what to say to that."
That box of Chex went into the garbage with some ant spray sprayed all over it.
I (H)ATE ANTS!
I will do a Molly update later...we have lots of pictures and a lot of things we've been up to so it is coming...

3 comments:

Kevin and Andrea said...

I read your post and loved it...that is one experience you will never forget! How gross! But, hands down, your post title cracked me up. Nicely done, jenny.

Kristen M said...

SUper glad you found my blog so I could find yours. Your molly is a DOLL. I will be adding you to our list this week.

Amy said...

Mmmnnnn....not goin' lie that's yucky! Might be time to tell the landlord that it's time for an exterminator :) We had ant problem at our 900 E place....exterminator came and ants and those nasty box elder beetles were gone for good.