Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ramblings

It's been a while.  Life is busy.  I think of great things to post, then never do it.  Here are things that have been on my mind these days...
- Babies grow up too fast.  Molly is getting big and sassy and makes us laugh every day.  She likes throwing tantrums lately.  Hilarious because she's such a little teeny thing, but not something we want to encourage.




- I hate being a working mom.  I love my job, but hate working if that makes sense.  I get really jealous of stay-at-home mommies.  I'm so happy for my friends who get to be home with their kiddos.  Sometimes I just feel a little jealous.  However, I'm not complaining because I chose to do this with my life and take out student loans for school and  I'm grateful that I have a job that I enjoy and can make a difference in other people's lives.  The other day, I just was having one of those emotional, not wanting to go to work because my baby was super cuddly and cute and I didn't want to miss a moment with her kind of days but then later that afternoon I had a 7 year old kiddo in therapy.  She looked at me and said,

"Jenny, you're the best feelings doctor I've ever had.  I don't know what I'd do without a feelings doctor like you!"

Moments like that make me realize how lucky I actually am.  Molly gets to hang out with aunts, cousins, and her nonnie while I'm at work.  She is SO loved and well cared for and I never have to worry about her while I'm at work.  My sister Becca has started hanging out with Molls on Thursdays.  We are so grateful for this.  Brooklynn, who is 3 months older than Molly, obviously comes with her mom and Molly and Brooklynn are total buddies.  They chase each other, laugh, and teach each other funny little habits they each have.



The cute kiddos and the families I work with really need someone to help guide them through the tough times they are going through and I am so grateful that we have such amazing family and friends to take care of Molly while I help other people who need it.  I feel blessed that I get to be a small part of their lives and experience the worst and best with these amazing people that come through our program.  I love the program I work in.  Grandfamilies is a very cool thing to experience.  If you know anyone who has a little extra cash to donate and need a good cause, send them to me.  Seriously. 


**********************

Jeff is a rockstar in nursing school so far.  So happy and proud of him.  He just has one class right now which is SO nice.  His boss at work absolutely loves him and they've made a way to keep him part time while he does school full time.  I'm so grateful for his job, his bosses, and his love for learning new things.  I think he's going to be a pretty amazing nurse.  He is so good with people and truly cares about them.  I love that guy.

**********************

Molly is hilarious.  Adorable.  Perfect.  I can't get enough of her.  That's all.  I look forward to the day I get to be home with her all the time.  Some day...  Can't wait!

***********************

I love modern conveniences.  Our washer, dryer, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, cars, house, heat, hot showers, indoor plumbing, disposable diapers, cute baby jammies, onesies, binky clips, humidifiers, our griddle, and gluten free products all are really great.  Throw in there our couch that I love, our bed that makes me SO excited to sleep every night, cute little hooded baby towels, super soft baby blankets, baby lotion, and all things baby.  Love it.  Makes me happy.  I could go on forever.  

Do you watch Modern Family?  Hilarious.  Idiot Abroad is as well.  We've also become huge fans of New Girl.  All just so funny and so fun to just sit, veg, and watch.

I will end my ramblings there.  Love my family.  Love my job.  Hate being a working mommy, but grateful that I have a rewarding job and that I am able to help people who REALLY need it.  That's all.
   

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Love the post! I hear you about the working mommy thing. Sometimes it is just really hard trying to balance everything. When I'm at work I am thinking about home and I always feel like I should be working when I am home. Sometimes I feel like I should start a working mommies club so I can vent to other moms who understand what it's like.

Molly is super cute and getting so big! Sometimes I wish we could just freeze time.