I was babysitting Maddie and Sam the other day and Maddie decided we would all play house. Here's how it went down:
Maddie assigned us all our roles: Maddie was the fairy grandma, I was the mommy, and Sam was the daddy. Every time I would say Sam's name, Maddie would correct me and say, "Uh, he's daddy."
After a few minutes, Maddie decided that she and Sam were now sick kids and I was the doctor. We went through the whole, "Look in my throat. Now check my ears. Does everything look ok, doctor?" I told her she was great and her throat looked just fine. I gave her some water and she decided she better take a rest. Meanwhile, it was Sam's turn to be the sick baby.
I asked Maddie what was wrong with Sam and she said, "You mean baby daddy?"
I was dying and said, "Why is he baby daddy?"
Maddie: 'Cause first he was a daddy and now he's a baby. Baby Daddy.
Of course!! What was I thinking?
Me: Ok. Sam, come over here and we'll look at your throat and ears.
Maddie: You mean baby daddy.
Me: Sure. Baby daddy.
Maddie: That's better.
That's what happens when she is surrounded by social workers who work with women who are trying to figure out who their baby's daddy is.
10 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment