I've been sick.
Diagnosis: "Parainfluenza. It looks like the flu and it looks like Pneumonia, but it's a virus that just has to run it's course."
Awesome.
I've been a miserable mess. Jeff has been amazingly awesome with this whole thing. He's cooked dinner, done all the dishes, cleaned the house, taken care of the bills, gone to work, made sure I was comfortable, and gotten anything and everything I could possibly need. He's a rockstar and I couldn't ask for a better husband.
He even stuck with me during my moments of glory at Instacare on Saturday:
1- The nurse gave me Tylenol to get my fever down. Shortly after, I was taken to the x-ray room to get chest x-rays where I proceeded to puke up everything left in my system all over the floor and my pants. Jeff helped me over to a bed in the next room. The x-ray tech came to get me after I was a little more steady on my feet and said, "I got it all cleaned up. I didn't want you to slip." Yeah. That would really top off my day to slip in a puddle of my own vomit.
2- Because of moment of glory number one, the Tylenol was no longer in my system. In walks the nurse with a suppository. No dice. I made her check my temperature again and it was ok enough that I came away suppository free. Although, it would have added to the day...
3- Because I kept getting light headed and puking, I had the wonderful opportunity to have my first ever IV. Now, I'm a woos when it comes to needles and blood in general. Throw the fact that I'm totally done with the day and not feeling so spectacular and you get an emotional Jenny. The nurse couldn't find a vein and I got poked a couple of times. It hurt and more than anything, I was just exhausted so I started crying. Again. Seriously? I'm 26 years old and I cried because of an IV and having to get fluids.
I am officially a woos.
We came away from our 3 1/2 hour day hungry and exhausted. Jeff continued to do all the stuff around the house and make dinner. I continued to lay on the couch which has been my home for the last 5 days.
Jeff is the most patient guy ever. I am the worst sick person ever. It's a good combination.
10 months ago

6 comments:
jenny jenny jenny...for some reason i could picture every moment of that in my head...good times...welcome to the world of IV's!!
that sounds like a good time :( hope you start feeling better soon. way to go jeff! keep up the good work!
Yikes! I'm so sorry that you have been that sick! Sounds like Jeff is taking good care of you though... what a good guy! Hope you feel better soon!
I hope you feel better that sounds terrible. And how awesome to have a husband like Jeff! Patience really is an important thing to have oh and a strong stomach!
Jenny, I'm sorry you've been so ill. I hope things are starting to look on the up and up. Let us know if we can do anything.
I love reading your blog. You are such a good writer, Jenny. And you have an awesome husband! Way to go, Jeff! Jenny, I'm so sorry to hear you were so sick. I would have sent chicken soup or something. That's awful. I'm so glad you are better. It must have been that expert care you got. Stay well!
Post a Comment