The kid is doing very well and is very healthy. The integrated screen we had (where they measure the amount of fluid on the back of the neck and compare it with a few blood tests) came back completely normal and everything looked great at this ultrasound. They took some measurements of Jenny's uterine blood flow as part of a study to predict birth problems.
After the tests, we got to see the head, brain and spinal cord (all normal). It's got a good heart, legs and arms, hands and feet. We even got to see it's face! Everything is awesome.
So finally the tech got around to telling us the big news, with one caveat: no matter what we get, we're not allowed to punch holes in the wall or swear at her.
I could control myself, but not if she kept us waiting any longer...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yep, there's a girl in there. We are extremely happy.
We got a DVD of the ultrasound which is fun to watch. Jenny took it over to Emily's for them to watch. Maddie announced "her shunt looks really good." She's such a cute kid. She also declared the baby's name to be "Baby Cakes," and continues to call her that. Everyone is thrilled. We spent some time going through Maddie's old baby clothes, tons of which were never used and still cute. (we have tons of pink stuff, so if you want to buy something for my daughter, we've already got plenty of pink stuff...)
We didn't get our boy, but we got over it. We are so very excited for our little Jenny Jr. and we're so blessed to have her doing so well.
Can't wait until February!!!
Oh, and one more thing. I have certain standards for myself and my family. Please feel free to buy my daughter anything you want, but I won't let her wear certain things. BYU stuff is pushing it, but if it's cute, I'll allow it. I definitly won't allow her to wear/use peace signs or anything from the U of U. If sports stuff is warranted, please shop at the OSU Bookstore.
Seriously, how great would this be:


5 comments:
So exciting! I think Baby Cakes is a fabulous name. Poor Sam is going to be so outnumbered in Jenny's family!! :)
congratulations! How exciting!
Girls rock! After so many boys in the Williams family (Judd and Velma had 13 grandsons and 2 granddaughters) we are starting out the new generation of granddaughters with a bang. Congratulations! Grandpa Dave and Grandma Susan are super excited to welcome another girl!
Yay! I am so excited for you guys! Girls are so much fun and you will simply love being parents! Hope the pregnancy continues to go well!
Congrats! Girls are great-I agree with Aunt Susan.
Post a Comment