Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was fantastic.  We truly are so blessed and I love the holiday season to remind us of all the blessings we have.  We spent time with both sides of the family which was fun and busy.  The boys apparently have a tradition to wear the most awful things and it was hilarious seeing what they came up with.  Joey sported a boy scout shirt, Superman tie, and shaved the top of his head.  Spencer started out in a wetsuit but quickly changed because it wasn't too comfortable.  Jeff put on his "food tie" with a polo shirt.  Susan, you would have appreciated Kyle.  He wore jeans and a blue button-up (or button-down) shirt.  Very classy.  I didn't get a picture of them all together.  I was mashing potatoes or something lame like that.  Here are the photos of the day.

Thank you, Susan!  Here are Joey and Spencer:

 
Carly's set up: It was perfect!
Cute Kaitlyn.  I love that cheesey grin.

This little girl LOVES her chapstick.  I can't blame her.  I love it too.  Amy said she ate Joey's deodorant just a few days before this.  Hilarious.  And gross.
This is the only picture I have with Kyle in it too.  Sorry, Kyle.
Joey's tribute to their dad.  Amy was a good sport about it.
Only picture of us the entire day.  And it's terrible.  But at least it's proof that we were there.
Our hosts.  Thanks Carly and Spencer!  Notice the tie with the t-shirt.  Very nice.
This is what happens when she hangs out with her uncles.
The post-meal misery.
We also were able to spend time with my side of the family that day.  I didn't take any pictures.  I do love my fam though.  I just didn't get that blasted camera out.

We have so much to be thankful for and try to remember that every day.  We are truly blessed and are so excited that we have a healthy little girl joining us in just 10 more weeks!  We love our families and are so thankful for their love and support.  I could make a mile long list of the things I'm thankful for, but I won't on here.  I LOVE Thanksgiving through Christmas!  It's my very favorite time of year and I'm so glad it's finally here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Thanksgiving report of our other half! Beautiful tables, Carly. The order of the day for Thanksgiving growing up was everyone had to be in a collar shirt. The boys would always push the limit but eventually they'd go dig up a random shirt with a collar. Kyle, we're proud of your classy look. Way to go. The rest of you boys, well . . . all I can say is I have three very patient, loving, and cool daughters-in-law! Adorable pics of Kaitlyn. What darling smiles. Missed you all terribly!