Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stephen Ambrose

Sorry for the non-Molly post. I've read a few books lately that are worth mentioning. For lack of a better option, I read Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose. Fantastic book. I had never been interested in Lewis and Clark (because it's always been shoved down my throat growing up in Oregon). But the book was an absolutely fascinating look at Meriwether Lewis and the voyage. I just sailed through it.




When Jenny and I were at the Desert Book flagship store (because we couldn't get into the Motab Davie Archuletta concert) I found this book on the clearence shelf. I had seen the mini series on HBO which was great, so I decided to get the book. Also fascinating. A really great read. Stephen Ambrose did (tragically, he's dead) such a great job researching and writing and really diving into the lives of these men during their truely heroic 11 monts on the battlefield. Plus it's about WW2 which I've always been interested. I highly recommend both of these books and look forward to reading more from Stephen Ambrose.

No comments: