Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Things I've Learned

The last 3ish weeks have been full of learning experiences.
1.  When I know I'm in labor, I shouldn't pretend like I'm not.  Embrace it.  Don't go into work to finish a few things and end up having my boss take me to the hospital.  Not a good idea.

2.  Epidurals are heaven sent.  I don't know how people give birth without them.  Truly. 

3.  When people say "Sleep when baby sleeps," they mean it.  Otherwise, you will never sleep.

4.  I can in fact function on very little sleep.  I may not be emotionally stable or very pleasant, but I can actually do it.  Molly loves her sleep, though.  Just like her mom.

5.  Success and productivity have taken on new meanings.  Getting showered and bathing Molly and making a meal is a successful day.  Actually, just getting me showered is a successful day.

6.  It's ok to still be a little crazy after having a baby.  Pregnancy hormones make you crazy...and delivering the baby makes you even more crazy.  It's cool to cry.

It's all 100% worth it when you get to hang out with this all day:




4 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are very right... Motherhood is anything but easy, but SOoooo worth it when you see your kids each and every day.

Kevin and Andrea said...

I love those toes! Now, how can we convince her that she wants to hold her hands still for a picture??

Em said...

SHE IS SO CUTE!!! Post pregnancy hormones... yay...

Anonymous said...

What adorable pictures! She's getting cuter, Jeff and Jenny. Just thought I'd warn you. I miss being there!