Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Moments

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.  Every day I look around my house and think, "will this place EVER be clean?"  And then I get thinking more of how lucky I am that there are toys all over and books on the kitchen floor, in the bathroom, down the hallway, on my bed, in chairs, and on the couch.  I've learned that a messy house with toys and books spread all over means that my cute Molly had a good day.
Will Molly ever stay clean for a whole day?  Nope.  By the end of the day, when she is covered in sweat, dirt, chalk, and whatever she had for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I look at her chubby little cheeks and big toothy smile and realize, again, how lucky I am to have an orphan-looking, filthy baby who had fun and got to explore the world around her.

Molly loves dancing lately.  Any time she hears music, she just sways her hips back and forth.  She also loves doing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and will grab my hands after we finish so that we can do it again.  She likes to hang out with me while I get ready in the morning and dump my makeup out and pretend like she is putting it on too.  This little one is very observant.  Her current favorite blanket is a baby blanket my great grandma made.  It's so cute to watch her drag it around and bring it to us when she is tired or just ready to cuddle.
She loves tupperware.  She gets into all the drawers she possibly can.  She is curious and I love watching her.

 


The other day, I got up and was ready to exercise.  Totally motivated to do it before work.  Then my sweet baby woke up and wanted to cuddle.  I did what was way more important.  I spent the next hour cuddling with my Molly.  I feel like my time with her is limited since I work 4 days a week.  Sometimes I'm late for work because I choose to hang out and cuddle and just be with Molly.  It's totally worth it.  I want to cherish and soak up every moment I have with her.  She makes Jeff and me SO happy and she's the funniest, sassiest, cutest little girl.
She had this little chunk of hair that was longer that the rest and all swirly and curly.  Super cute, but can you say rat tail?  This was the picture I took before I finally cut the cute little swirl off.  She looks much less orphan-in-the-ghetto like now.

She loves helping.  Mowing the lawn, doing dishes, laundry, cleaning the bathtub, you name it.  She wants to do everything we do.  It would be much faster to do everything without her help, but we love watching her persist until we let her do whatever it is that we're doing.



She so badly wants to be a big kid and feed herself and do her own thing.  Here she is eating bean dip and later some marshmallows.  I love her little grin.

One day, I will have a clean shirt for an entire day, a clean house, and a clean kid.  But for now, I smile and enjoy picking up toys and books and wiping dirt off Molly's face after she decides to have a taste while playing outside.  I know these moments won't last long.  I want to freeze time and soak up her innocence, her love of all the simplicities in life, and her cute personality.  She's perfect. 

No comments: