Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Grateful

I'm sitting here waiting for my pumpkin cheesecake to cool enough to go in the fridge.  I have zero desire to do the dishes so I decided it was a good time to blog.  I love Thanksgiving.  I love that it is a day dedicated to giving thanks and eating yummy food.  I also love that I get to start decorating for Christmas...which is my very favorite time of year.  I love the whole Christmas season and am SO excited for it this year with Molly.
For Halloween, we did a night tour of the zoo.  Kinda cool to be there at night, but most of the animals were sleeping and you couldn't really see much.  But, it was fun.  Molly was thrilled with the armadillos.  They were really active and burrowing and stuff and she couldn't get enough of watching them.
Ugh.  I just tried to upload some pictures, and apparently I'm out of space and have to pay for more storage or something.  I'll decide on that tomorrow.  Maybe I'll just do a new blog.  Or not. 

Whatever.   Nobody wants to read a blog without pictures so this will mostly just be for my record or maybe I'll repost later with pictures when I deal with my storage issue.  

The past month has been crazy.  The Saturday before Halloween (so, the 27th), Molly got a buckle fracture just below her left shoulder.  She was playing in the mirror and standing on the bathroom counter.  I was starting her bath water and next thing I know, she's falling off and landed on her shoulder/left side.  Worst mom moment ever!  She screamed for a while, but eventually stopped.  Nothing was swollen and we didn't think anything of it.  The next day, she was just irritable and moody and it wasn't until that night that we realized she was in serious pain every time we lifted her arm or did anything. and was such a trooper.  It was so sad to watch her gimp around and use her right arm, but just flop her left arm.  It's healing and she is using it a lot more.  Poor kid!

Jeff got carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists on November 1.  It went really well and the healing and recovery process haven't been as bad as either of us thought.  He tends to do too much, however, and then is sore, but he's feeling a lot better.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is a very shortened list of things I'm grateful for:
-Our home.  I love it.  I love that it's ours and it's comfortable and cozy.
-Jeff.  He is one amazing guy.  He's kind, generous, hard working, quirky, and loving.  He is the best dad and Molly loves playing with him.  He makes me happy.
-Molly.  I can't imagine my life without her.  She's the best thing that has ever happened to us and I can't get enough of her.  I love her.
-A car to drive so I can get to work and other places very easily.
-Heat when it's cold.
-Air conditioning when it's hot.
-My parents.  They taught me right from wrong, how to work hard for what you want, respect, and love.  They taught me the Gospel of Jesus Christ and helped me develop my own testimony.  They're amazing. 
-My siblings.  We have a great time together and I love that our kids love to play with each other.
-My in-laws.  I couldn't ask for a better family to have married into. 
-Clothes to wear, food to eat, a bed to sleep in.
-Modern medicine.  Miracles happen every day because of it and I'm so grateful for doctors who are trained in their fields and help those who need it.
-My nieces and nephews.  They're fantastic.  Every single one of them. 
-A job that I love. 
-Being a mommy.  Best. Calling. Ever.
-Being a wife.
-Eternal families.
-The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
-Temples.
-My primary kids.
-The love I feel from my friends and family and the amazing people that they all are.

I think my cheesecake might be cooled enough so I can go to bed.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: