Jeff and I went to Logan this weekend for a much-needed getaway. We stayed at the Anniversary Inn and did a whole lot of nothing and it was so nice to just sleep and relax and sleep some more. We went to dinner one night at Cafe Sabor. Very tasty, by the way. And here is how it went:
Hostess: How many?
Jeff: Just 2.
Hostess: Can I get a name?
Jeff: Cliff. (I didn't hear his response. Since it ended in F, I figured he said Jeff)
A few minutes later...
Hostess: Cliff, party of 2.
Jeff grabs my hand, I look super confused, Jeff smiles with a "don't ask questions" smile and follows the hostess.
We sit down.
Me: Cliff? Really?
Jeff: Sometimes I just don't like to use my real name. It gets old. Cliff was the first thing that came to mind.
Cliff and I had a great dinner and then had ice cream to complete the night.
10 months ago

4 comments:
Sounds like my husband . . . . And Cliff? Of all names? Too funny.
Jeff, are you watching too much Psyche? You are hilarious. Glad you had a nice get-away.
I have been watching reruns of Cheers lately where Cliff is a very odd mailman. Maybe, Jeff, you are being subconsciously drawn to the Postial Arts.
Hilarious and awesome! I agree with Kevin and Andrea maybe you really are meant to be that odd mailman. This may have been the turning point for you. Good on ya Cliff. Good on ya.
Post a Comment