Sunday, August 29, 2010

Better Late Than Never, Right?

Jeff's birthday was in June. It was right before we moved and I was a lame wife and we didn't do anything for it. He worked on the house...I worked on packing...he got sick and puked and spent the rest of the day on the couch. Lame birthday.

So, we finally did something to celebrate his birthday. He's wanted to go shooting for a while, so I planned a day for us to do just that. I told him earlier in the week we were going on a date so to not make plans for Saturday (yesterday) and to not ask questions because then I would spill the beans and I wanted it to be a surprise.

On Friday, I gave him a card with the info so he could get his guns ready because I have no idea exactly what needs to happen. I grew up going shooting with my dad, but I still don't really know anything about it.

Saturday morning was like Christmas and Jeff was like a small child. Thrilled would be an understatement. Jeff was up bright and early, cleaning his guns and making sure we had everything we needed. It was cute. He packed a bag with drinks, eye and ear protection, and a shirt for me to wear over my normal shirt so I didn't smell like gun powder all day. Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate smells so I appreciated that. Jeff talked about guns all day, which kind he wants vs the kind he has, what type of ammo is the best, etc... I tried to understand, but I just don't know anything about them.

I stayed safe on my side of the fence thingy between us. Even though I grew up with guns, they still make me a little nervous.

Jeff is a pretty good shot. He hit his target a lot of times.

I was thrilled that I even hit mine that many. I may or may not have shot the frame. There was a hole in it that could have been caused by me. We're just not sure about that so we put it away and hopefully it gets taken care of.

It was really windy. Jeff had to reassure me that the bullets would not blow back to us. I'm so irrational sometimes. Happy late birthday to Jeff. We had a lot of fun then went to dinner and bought a new bed. It was quite the day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

That makes me laugh, what is it with guys and guns? You're a nice wife though, Ben doesn't get to have a gun. We did get a shooting game for the Wii though so he can fulfill his shooting desires :)