However, the doc ordered an integrative screen, where they measure the amount of fluid buildup at the back of the neck and compare it with hormone levels from 2 or 3 different blood tests to determine if there are any problems. So we got an ultrasound on Monday!!! Here are some pics
Here he is. Head on left, body to the right. The dots above the body are a hand and foot

Arrows from left to right: head, arm, leg

Head shot: the chin, nose and forehead (ignore the line under the head)

The red line on this shows the bottom of the head. The circle near the bottom is what they measure, that little gap between the bottom white stuff and the white stuff right above it. They say below 1-2cm is good, our kid's was 0.9cm, yeah!

So that's our kid. During the ultrasound, we saw the brain (it's there) and the spinal chord looked good (to me). He has 2 arms and 2 legs and was moving around quite a bit. At one point he was saying a prayer, good job dude. There was one point where we got a shot between the legs and I could clearly see something, but the tech said that the penis and clitorus are the same size right now, so it's impossible to tell. We'll just have to wait like everyone else.
Jenny and I are so happy and seeing the kid makes the experience so much real. We're so excited for our little buddy to keep growing!

2 comments:
Congrats!! And Kimberlee said that you guys were having dinner and I got jealous. . . it's been too long since I've seen you.
Yay! Your baby is already so cooperative (unlike li'l Brooklynn). Congrats guys! I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment