Maddie is pretty much the coolest kid ever. She's the poster child for the new adaptive baseball field that was built in West Jordan. They had the dedication of it on Wednesday evening and Mads threw the first pitch. I'm such a proud auntie!! I'm gonna be psychotic with my own children. I've warned Jeff, though.
Go to this link. Scroll down to the videos and find the one that says "Athletes of all abilities given adaptive baseball field in West Jordan" and watch Maddie throw the first pitch. She's so great. Ignore me though. Just watch the cute kiddos.
(Maddie loved the Bee at first and chased him down. Later on, she HATED the Bee and totally shunned him...)
It's just an amazing experience for all these kids in wheelchairs and with other developmental disabilities to have a place where they can go and experience just being a kid and not have to be "different" from everyone because of things they have no control over. The Rotary Club men who are probably all my dad's age or older are absolutely in love with Maddie and she was a little celebrity. I had a blast being her "buddy" on the field. Emily couldn't get out of work, but we recorded it and took lots of pictures! I won't even attempt to upload the videos, but here are some great pics of our fun night.
Thanks to Jeff for keeping Sam occupied all night! He was great to run around with a toddler so I could be a ridiculously proud auntie for Maddie. Mads and Sam are like our surrogate children. I get fiercely protective of these little guys. I already feel bad for our future children.

1 comment:
What an awesome thing. I love the bandanna pic. You are such a good aunt! You and my sisters have a lot in common as far as "surrogate children" go. :)
Post a Comment