Sunday, October 31, 2010

Changes

Sometimes Jeff and I get an idea in our heads and will do whatever it takes to make it happen.  It's not a good thing.  It ends up taking 10 times longer than we originally plan and it's really not a fun time for either of us.  This time around, we invested in a Shelf Reliance for our food storage.  It's something we've wanted for a really long time and Costco had an amazing deal so we got one.  That was all we were going to do.  Get the shelf, Jeff would put it together, and then we'd call it good. 

Building the shelf led to moving another shelf which led to moving a dresser and then we decided we might as well rearrange our entire place. 
Another thing we've been talking about forever is getting a piece of carpet to lay down in our living room.  Why not do it since we were going to be rearranging anyway?  It was quite the ordeal finding carpet that would work for us (price and size-wise) and we finally got our large piece of carpet home around 6 that evening and we started the day at 10:30 that morning.  Oye. 
We LOVE the way we rearranged and have carpet now.  It feels so much more comfortable and home-ish.  We were absolutely exhausted when we finished around 1 a.m., but are so happy with how it turned out.  Ignore the pile of junk on the desk.  We're working on that...





4 comments:

Becca Jane said...

We loved your place!! Cam still talks about it! And I'm jealous of your cool can storage system!!

Kevin and Andrea said...

I love it! It looks so much more open and big. Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the room looks totally different. So much lighter and brighter. Carpet makes all the difference. Good job! Love the rolling can storage. Maybe when I get a house I can get one, too.

Em said...

I am so jealous of your shelf reliance. Maybe one day...
Also, I can't wait until babycakes is big enough to pull out all the cans on your shelf reliance. I am sure that Sam will be kind enough to help his little cousin. LOVE your new arrangement. Very homey and comfy.