Sunday, January 2, 2011

Festivities

I love the holiday season.  This Christmas was so perfect because we got to spend so much time with each other and our families and it was so low key.  Here are some of the pictures.  We played games with Amy, Joey, Spencer, Carly, and Kaitlyn on Christmas night, but we didn't take any pictures that night.  Lame.  We enjoyed the time though.

 Christmas morning after Skyping with our Oregon family and just before going to brunch with my family.




 Jeff made all these little boxes (below) and put the notes in them.  He did the hunting while I sat my pregnant self on the couch.  I cried.  I just am an emotional mess these days and everything makes me cry.  Jeff did a great job making it special and thoughtful. 


Yay! Craft stuff! I've been super crafty lately and LOVED all of this stuff.
 Jeff and Brooklynn.  He's really excited to be a daddy.
 Becca, Brooklynn, Maddie, and Devin.  Maddie was pouting literally 2 seconds before this picture.

 Sam kept stealing "tookies" from the kitchen.  Every time he left the room, he came back in with another one.
 Tired new parents. 
Maddie was being Mary and Brooklynn was Baby Jesus while we read the Christmas story from the Bible.  My mom had great plans for Sam to be Joseph but he didn't want any part of it.  Jeff stepped in.  Maddie told him they had to hold hands because they were married and quickly intertwined their fingers.  She then proceeded to boss Jeff and tell him he needed to build them a house with a door.  While my dad was reading, she kept saying, "Hey, that's me!  And that's you!  That's where we're going!  Brooklynn is baby Jesus!"  It was really cute.
We're so excited that next year we'll have our baby girl to join in the fun.  We did appreciate the stocking and gifts we received for her.  She loves them already!

No comments: