Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fun with Kids

This post caused so much anger in me and my wife. I took several very cute and very funny videos of the kids this day. Sadly the videos would never upload (they were probably too big and we lack the necessary software to reduce the size).

So Sam and the Mads came over on Saturday so their parents could enjoy a day on the town. Jenny was in the shower still, so as soon as Sam walked through the door, he ran right past me, of course, and went looking for Jenny. Luckily she came out soon, else we would have had a break down.


After watching some Sponge Bob, Mads had to play with some shoes. Sam loved it too.


And of course, no time with Jeff and Jenny would be complete without playing house. Mads was the mom, Sam the dad, I was the son and Jenny was the sister. Why she wasn't the daughter the world will never know. Jenny, I mean Sister, and I both had broken legs and we had to go get our pictures taken (x-rays).

This was Sam's favorite time as well, shoes can be so interesting and yet so challenging at the same time.

[Insert video number #1: Halarious video of Sam getting stuck in a sandal while Maddie played verbal house while hiding in the closet. You'll just have to immagine it.]

After Sam awoke from his nap (check out his hair), we had to play outside. Sam likes to observe his surroundings before venturing out to the playground.







Maddie's favorite toy is the rocket ship.


[This was a video of Mads sitting on a rocket ship (modeled from the space shuttles); it's one of those bouncy things. Maddie fervently insisted that she was never coming back despite my deep desires that she return because I would miss her. The video ends with us having an arugment as to weather or not she sould be licking the handle bars. I pull one of those cartoon switch-aroos where I say "no", she says "yes" and we go back and forth for a while until I switch to "yes", she falls for it and starts saying "no, you shouldn't be licking the handlebars".]


My favorite part is when the parents came strolling in...
[This really wasn't my favorite part, but It's funny]



Sam takes off with Jenny in tow



And just when they are about to have a happy reunion...

Sam makes a b-line for a ball. Ah, to be young...



1 comment:

Em said...

KILLS ME!! You guys totally kill me. Love the post, love the pics, love you guys. Thanks again for watching my kiddos like ALL the time.