Yes, it's ugly. But look how cool it is!
Jeff requested straps/handles so he could adjust it on his back as needed. So, the two little parts go up on the shoulders and the straps go down in front so it can be adjusted however. Because it's really ugly, I made a fun little cover for it. I was DONE sewing so I just made it a square instead of the exact same shape and will put a little snap on it.
Jeff, in return offered to rub my back because it was super sore. Now, when I think of massages, I think of relaxing, long strokes.
Jeff gets bored easily and his strokes are short. And choppy.
He said he got a chair massage at work the other day and started doing stuff the massage lady did.
Jeff starts doing this thing with his fingernails, moving them out from the center, so I ask "what is that?" Jeff answers "the massage lady did that, I'm removing the energy from your back."
Then, all of a sudden, he starts slapping...or maybe chopping...not really slapping, but kinda like when you would tap cheeks or something...know what I mean? and I ask,
"Did you learn that from the massage person, too?"
His response: "No. I'm just making this up."
Thanks, babe.
Later he says,
"You're so tense...Just kidding. I have no idea. People always just say that."
He notices a scar-looking thing on my back (probably just a stretch mark or something. I've never been a small girl.) and says,
"Hmm, you have a weird line on your back. Did you have back surgery? Get burned with acid or something?"
Nope. Neither of those.
You probably had to be there for any of this to be somewhat funny, but Jeff never ceases to amaze me with the random comments that come out of his mouth. It cracks me up.
One last thought:
You know how with little kids you do raspberry blowy things on their stomachs? Is that what they're called?
Anyway, I did that to Jeff the other day and asked if it tickled. (Yeah...we're mature like that). He said no. So I suggested that maybe kids like it so much because of the sound it makes.
Jeff's response?
"No. Because deaf kids like it too."
Right. Do you know a lot of deaf kids who like it? Bless his heart.

4 comments:
Kevin and I are crying after reading your post. You guys are awesome! And your wisdom...Jeff, where does it come from? Jenny, I am seriously impressed with your rice bag. I love that you used the black thread. That's exactly what I would have done. My mottos when sewing are "Go Fast" and "Good Enough". Nice work!
I just laughed so loud at your post that Randy called from the other room, "What's so funny?" That deaf comment about did me in. I just have to say that Randy's idea of a massage is to push as hard as possible until I ask him to quit. I'm pretty sure that's his plan from the moment he says, "Sure honey. I'll give you a massage . . . . ."
I can most definitely attest to the fact that deaf kids like it too. I still laugh (yeah, we're mature too), and Kiernan does it on me too :)
only jeff..!
Post a Comment