Thursday, May 27, 2010

FINALLY!

After a very long, emotional, and expensive week, I am really for reals officially done. I took my licensing test this morning and passed. Woo hoo! So now I'm a certified social worker (CSW)

My car broke down earlier this week.
I got a new battery.
Everything was great until I was getting off the freeway downtown and the thingys that say how full your gas tank is and how fast you are going were going crazy and random lights kept flickering in my car. Dumb car.
It worked all day yesterday and today it died while I was in the middle lane of the street.
I turned on my hazard lights while I figured out what to do.
People are mean and dumb.
They kept honking and telling me to move my car.
Duh. Like I'd just sit there for fun. My hazards are on. Obviously my car is having issues...

Jeff rescued me. Thanks babe.

The tow truck came...thankfully it's covered with our car insurance. The car fellas at American Car Care are great. And I will also be getting a new alternator.

Licensing test: $260
CSW license: $120
New car battery: $95
New alternator: couple hundred
Few hours of labor from the car fellas: a lot of dinero.
I would have much rather spent all that money on a weekend away or a fun shopping trip. But, I am grateful that we have our emergency fund so we don't have to go into debt to fix my blasted car.

I need a job.

6 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Don't forget the $75 for the practice test. I love you. Good job babe. You must feel so proud.

Lyns said...

Congrats! Definitely sounds like an expensive week. Good on you for having an emergency fund. Great planning. :) From now on I'm going to refer to you as CSW. Are you cool with that?

Kevin and Andrea said...

WooHoo! (for the test passing, not the car troubles). Hopefully the pure joy at being really done with school now will trump the lame car day!

Amanda said...

good fun with new alternators!! i have had to do that twice with my car and two or three times with my old car...i have heard people say that alternators react to stress...if that is true i apparently need to de-stress!

Em said...

You should have ended it with something like:
And a cool Nissan Sentra that will still be mine: priceless
Or something like that.
Anyway, super proud of you for passing your test. Good on ya pal!!!

Kayleigh said...

Oh dear! I DON'T get it; Drivers in Utah are either overly nice (and let 10 ppl in front of them when traffic is backed up) or extremely rude. How does that make any sense?!?

But thanks for reminding me that I need to make my insurance payment today! :]