Thursday, June 10, 2010

Update on the Remodeling

This is mostly for Andrea. She wanted more pictures, so here is the progress so far:

First is the upstairs kitchen. The flooring (which you can barely see) is finished...most likely...as of tonight.

Downstairs kitchen:
Now for the nastiness:
This is the downstairs hallway bathroom that Jeff and I will have. I pulled up the carpet today and, well, gross. I'm wicked excited for both upstairs and downstairs to be all done!
This piece of carpet was at the bottom of the stairs, outside the laundry/utility room and by the door that separates the units.
Nasty? Yes. Even more nasty that I made Spencer come and experience with me? As soon as I ripped it up, rancid pee smell. The people before had big dogs. The cement underneath was even wet and the tack boards were completely soaked through. Yep. I dry heaved a lot. Thanks to Spencer for using the sealer stuff to make the smell disappear...and be sealed into the cement forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kitchens look so good! Can't wait to see them. Sorry you all had to experience so much putressence. But it's coming to an end and it will be glorius. Hang in there.

Kevin and Andrea said...

Thanks for the pics! I LOVE the kitchens. That carpet looked nasty I am so glad you are all getting a fresh house to live in. I can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Pee smell. Absolutely disgusting! I completely empathize...