Thursday, November 26, 2009

I HATE Turkey Day!

Those of you who know me know that I'm a very passionate person, and it bugs most of you because you think I'm sometimes over the top. I also have what I call an Original-Intent philosophy on many of life's aspects. I like to celebrate holidays with that in mind. I believe that the reason we celebrate Thanksgiving is to commemorate the day of thanks given to God by some of the first groups of Europeans to come to this great country. That is how I celebrate this day. I have been so blessed by God in all aspects of my life and for that, I am grateful and eternally indebted to Him. So when I hear people call this holy day "turkey day" I cringe inside. How ungrateful are we to the creator the universe and who grants us everything, that we can't even give thanks to him on the one day set aside as a holiday. I just find it a little bit disrespectful to those struggled to come here, to this land of freedom and more importantly, more disrespectful to our God. So please, have some class and have some gratitude.

And don't even get me started on that other word for Christmas.

No comments: