Jeff. Living with him, being married to him, and getting to know everything about him. He's so great. We tell each other that all the time, but seriously, he's an amazing husband. He's so patient and funny and loves hanging out with kiddos. All the little boys in our court LOVE Jeff. Whenever they see me, they say, "Hey, where's Jeff?" He's way cooler than me for these cute little boys because he gives them random boxes to play with and writes notes about boogers. Total boy stuff. Something I'm sure I'll get used to some day.
Hanging out with Maddie and Sam every week. They're so fun. Sam gets super cuddly and is always thrilled with whatever is going on. He loves cleaning up and could spend the entire day Swiffering and be totally satisified. I love that when he hits or kicks and you tell him to be soft, he gives you a big hug and rubs your back with his little hand. It's just those tender little moments with this wild child that make me so excited to have kids of our own. Maddie is just a sassy, but tender-hearted little girl. We're little buddies and she loves Jeff too. We had some cute conversations today that went something like this:
Me: Mads, I love you so much.
Maddie: Hm. That's funny.
Me: Why is that funny?
Maddie: I just think you're wonderful.
A little later, we were just chatting about life and she looked at me and said, "Jenny, you're an amazing aunt." Then she gave me a huge hug and we chilled on the couch watching a movie while Sam took a nap. I feel so lucky to be so involved with these kiddos and spending each Wednesday with them is something I will miss when I have to get a grown up full time job again.
Nature. It's beautiful. I love the changes that come with each season. It's one reason I love living in Utah. 4 seasons...sometimes all in one day... but absolutely amazing and breathtaking on a regular basis. Love it.
Dreyer's Slow Churned Ice Cream. Lately it's the mint chocolate chip, but I also love the rocky road, vanilla bean, and peanut butter cup. It's so creamy and delicious.
Watching funny people at the gym.
Being crafty. I'm not super good at it, but it's fun for me.
Going to the gym and having a kick-trash workout. It feels SO good.
Christmas music. I know it's too early, but I LOVE it. Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it and I'm so excited for the whole season to come.
10 months ago

5 comments:
Oh I love Christmas music!!! I think I was listening to Christmas music up until Feb. in my office last year.
Thanks babe. I really, really, really love you.
It's never too early to start listening to Christmas music!
You guys make me so happy! Nothing makes me happier than to see my brothers so happily married. I love you in our family, Jenny!
I second Andrea's comment. I LOVE that you are part of our family and that you LOVE Jeff. I have the absolute BEST daughters-in-law and son-in-law. I got so lucky. Kyle, take notes and follow your brothers . . . but please, take your time.
Post a Comment