Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another road trip...

And NO MORE for a very very long time. We are a little sick of road trips. Anyway, we made it to Monticello on Friday October 23rd. I was feeling super emotional all day and so poor Jeff had to deal with that, plus a long drive. We made awesome time getting down there and stopped only once I think. We stayed at the Canyonlands Motor Inn. $48 and super classy as you can see from the decor. If you look closely beyond the neon lights, you'll notice they advertise that they have a fax machine. Best motel ever. And totally updated. The lobby smelled like cigarettes and incense. Our room was clean though. We were pleasantly surprised.


This would be the sweet "do not disturb" sign. There was a latch on the door that you turned for do not disturb and maid service. It's not working so well. The maid service didn't come up at all. So, I guess we wanted them to disturb us?

Soap dispensers. With no soap. There was one in the shower too. Weird.

The plug in the wall. Don't know why, but it was really funny to us.

Here is Jeff sitting in the awesome chair with the amazingly stylish lamp which had no where to be plugged in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are seriously going to stay here when we go to Monticello. Thanks for the warning, I mean great tip.