Saturday, October 17, 2009

Random things for today

Jeff and I went to Smith's today to get a few things. Jeff picked the BEST checkout line ever. This checker was A-MA-ZING. I've never seen anyone scan groceries so fast. He was a speed demon. We exchanged pleasantries in the 30.8 seconds it took him to check our stuff and then we were off. I wish we were friends with this guy. He was just that cool.

On a totally unrelated, but I just gotta throw these things out there note...
Here are a few things that I find completely unnecessary:

1- Homework.
This is a constant struggle for me. I do not now, never have, nor will I ever have a desire to tackle this monster. I really just don't think I learn as much from it as I'm supposed to. It could be because I don't do it like I should, but seriously. Is it really necessary to write 15 page papers on social policies and analyze the best alternative to the problem? I don't think so. It makes way more work for the professor. He has to read all these 15 page papers and grade them and actually pay attention to what is being written in all of them.
That right there is reason number 437 that I will not go on for my PhD to become a professor.

2- Suspenders and belts being worn at the same time.
I don't get it either, but I know a man who wore a brown belt + suspenders every single day. I'm pretty sure one or the other is sufficient.

3- Having at least 30 episodes of Malcolm in the Middle recorded on our DVR. It's a great show and I love my husband dearly. I wonder, however, do we need to have that many episodes recorded?

1 comment:

Kevin and Andrea said...

I get you on the homework, and the suspenders and belt...that's just plain crazy. But, as for Malcolm, I have to disagree. As soon as you see the roller skating episode you will catch the vision. Stay stong, Jenny. I know you will grow to love it!