Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

So, we've decided that Halloween really is a pretty lame holiday unless you have kids. I've never really been into it. Jeff's never really been into it. But, we decided it would be fun to carve pumpkins and pass out candy to the cute kids in our court. Here is Jeff hard at work on our normal looking pumpkin:
Here is his finished product:
Here is our reject pumpkin. We got it at WinCo for 6 cents per pound. We figured nobody else would want it because it's ugly, so we rescued the poor little guy.
Here is Maddie sitting on the giant Homer our neighbors brought over to our place. Apparently this Homer doll has been going around the 900 court in the University Village for about 3 years. It's huge and gross...in my opinion. Jeff liked it. My brother in law wanted to keep it. The kids couldn't get enough of it.
Our first trick-or-treaters, Maddie and Sam. Maddie was originally going to be a ghost, but then decided since Sam had a superman costume, she needed to be a supergirl. They're pretty much the cutest little superheroes I've ever seen.
Our pumpkins all lit up. The reject pumpkin was a little tricky to carve, so we put a JW because that seemed the easiest and conveniently displays both of our initials. I know...it's dumb, but it's all I could think of.

2 comments:

Em said...

your demented pumpkin will always have a spot in my heart.

Cheryl said...

I love seeing that stupid Homer doll pop up on people's blogs, it makes me laugh everytime I see it. Stupid, but it has a funny story! Glad to see he's still hard at work welcoming new families.