Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oregon Trip

So we learned in June that Kyle (Elder Williams) was returning from his mission in Chiahuahua Mexico on Monday September 28th. The plan was for me to fly to Portland that morning and spend some time with the fam. We didn't get Jenny a ticket because she had her practicum and school and couldn't get away.

In September, I took a couple of trips without my wife, which was extremely painful for the both of us. Also since I started school again, I'm out of the house 3 evenings a week. So at the last minute, we decided to go together, and drive, eek!!!!

So we left on Saturday afternoon after the Hydrocephalus Walk. We had great plans to get out of the house and on the road by 1ish. Which really means 3ish. But it's all good. We encountered a traffic jam just trying to get on the freeway.
So, we decided to go a different way to the freeway and I say, "I could go for some Cafe Rio before we get on the road." And that is where our second detour happened. We heart the Rio.
And now the road trip has finally begun...

1 comment:

Alecia and Sam said...

FUN!! I think road trips are the best! I also think Cafe Rio is the best thing ever invented!! Jenny, I am so glad to hear that you have a fear of your kids being duds. I say that to Lynsey all the time. I mean her kids are cute and fun and hilarious and I really worry about the same thing. Maybe we can do therapy together!!