The others making their way were clad in their excited faces; the mood was electric. The text I received from Kyle, my youngest brother, indicated they, too, had arrived. Then finally I saw them, Joey in his Beavers jacket (Go Beavs!) and Kyle in a pimp'n Ron Weasley sweater; the ladies would soon be all over this recently returned missionary. Then I heard it. I'm not sure if it was off in the distance or in my head; no matter, it was real to me anyways.
My countenance changed from anticipation to excitement as I handed to the ticket collector my admission for Star Wars in Concert. The air smelled more fresh as I entered the arena. The corridors were packed with fans all eager to meet the characters of the films. There was a Storm Trooper standing next to Boba Fett. Evil Anakin duelled Obi Wan Kenobi. The Royal Imperial Guards stood by Emperior Palpatine. Still standing was the unnamed Admiral who would later be killed by Darth Vader in Empire. The TIE fighter pilot who panicked in Episode 4 causing Vader to spin out of control allowing Luke to destroy the first dreaded Death Star. And finally, there was evil himself, the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader, greeting fans in all his glory. "These are the days... I told myself as I passed a Jawa making his usual cry "Utinni!"
The main event, however, was inside the corridor. We found our seats and awaited the festivities. The orchestra opened with the main Star Wars Theme and we all went wild. When James Earl Jones introduced Anthony Daniels the crowd went wild. "Star Wars nerds, Unite"
The concert was amazing. The music was superb. The video was mesmerizing. The atmosphere was electric as they went through the music of the 6 films. Never in my days would I expect a concert to give me goose bumps...
You were the chosen one!
Aren't you a little short for a Storm Trooper?
Forrest Scout
These aren't the droids you're looking for
Will someone get this walking carpet out of my way?
Rebel Scum
Don't make me destroy you
From the pen of John Williams: Entertainer, Artist... Visionary
The Imperial March

4 comments:
I love you. Good job on this one. You're my favorite.
Nice. Now I have the Imperial March in my head. Thanks!
HILARIOUS!!! Your description was priceless.
This is why we're friends. I was smiling the whole time I read this
Post a Comment