Sunday, January 17, 2010

Best 5 Bucks Ever Spent

This is my new stylish blue chair. Ridiculously ugly dirty turquoise blue.
Yes, I purchased the chair for a grand total of $5.
At my practicum, there is all this furniture they're trying to get rid of.
I sat in this chair as we were moving furniture between a couple of floors and asked the director if they're still selling it.
I asked how much.
She said $5.
I said, "Sold." Done deal.
I take my $5 to the accountant, Mike, who is the only male that works there and say, "This is for my stylish blue chair."
"Let me get you a receipt."
"I don't really need one."
"I have to write one anyway to show where the money came from, so I will just leave it on your desk" Mike says.
"Ok."
I get to my desk later that day and there is the receipt. He's a funny guy. On the line that says what the money was for, he wrote, "Stylish blue chair."
Awesome.
It is currently crammed in a corner between the TV and our window. It will be moved once we have time to do some serious rearranging and put this stuff
away. Our little apartment is not awesome with the storage space. But, we make it work. We just got some new storage shelves at Costco (LOVE IT) and will be moving lots of things around to make the most of our space and food storage and everything else we've stocked up on. We just haven't had time thus far...the whole school starting again and doing homework and life...it may be a while until we can make our apartment live-able again. Oh well.

The chair is SO comfortable. It's a perfect little sitting chair. Which, I guess, all chairs are sitting chairs, but this one is enjoyable to sit in.
I'm going to learn how to re-cover furniture. That will also take a while, so for now the chair will be covered in a lovely lavender colored sheet.
I often have these great ideas, begin implementing them, and then realize they have to go on the back burner for a while so I can attend to the things that I actually NEED to do.
So, ugly blue chair, you will just have to be crammed and covered with a sheet for a while.

3 comments:

Kim and Franklin said...

Slipcovers are the way to go. I got a brown one for the "stylish" purple chair and people can't even tell. Surefit.com or amazon.com

Pete said...

Love the chair!

Jessica Carol said...

I totally understand feeling a little squished in your apartment and I'm only one person! Love the chair, I'm thinking I need a comfy blue chair now....