Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Short Story

Once upon a time, I was eating these:
After eating a very large amount, I took a bite of one and saw a black spot. I pulled on the black spot and out came this:
Needless to say, I was done with the sugar snap peas. And will be for a while. To help me out a little, I ended the evening with this:
from Outback Steakhouse. The Chocolate Thunder from Down Under.

"An extra generous pecan brownie is crowned with rich vanilla ice cream, drizzled with our classic warm chocolate sauce and finished with chocolate shavings and whipped cream. A chocolate lover’s dream."

When the glutards ask for a gluten free menu, this is an added explanation:
"This is a flourless brownie; we even dust the pan with sugar! It is a fantastic GF dessert!"

Fantastic is right. I was in heaven. It was delightful. I temporarily forgot all about my little caterpillar/worm experience from eating healthy food earlier in the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gross. I'll never eat another pea pod. That's disgusting. No wonder you succumbed to Brownie Thunder. What better way to drown the horror of almost eating a worm. You're so funny :)

Alecia and Sam said...

Oh my gosh, I would have freaked!! Luckily you were able to eat that delicious dessert to ease your mind!! Looks amazing.. the brownie not the worm!!:)

carly said...

Your snap pea caterpiller scared me so bad!! I eat edamame all the time and would just die if I found one in there! PS I hope that dessert tasted as good as it looked!