Monday, January 4, 2010

Celebrating Christmas Oregon Style

Disclaimer: This is a long post. There are lots of pictures, though, Joey. I did that just for you!

2 days before Christmas, all the Utah Williams' headed to the airport dark and early to catch a flight to the good ol' Northwest.
Good morning, Kaitlyn!

It was really cold outside. And really snowy. And it was really early. And we were really tired.

We arrived in Portland, ran some errands, ate at Shari's (everyone hates this place so it's funny to me that we went there...it was a little early for Red Robin or anywhere else though...), then trekked over to Corvallis. Family fun began and we probably went to bed a little bit early because of the traveling, but I'm really not sure. I'm always ready to sleep anyway, though, so whatever.

We're lucky to have our very own photographer. Thanks, Dave! We heart family pictures.

Spencer and Kyle were thrilled to have pictures together since Carly was with her family and Kyle is a recent RM so he doesn't have a wife or almost wife yet.

Dave is a patient man. Jeff is very much like his dad and for that I am truly grateful. Here he is waiting for Susan.

And, the Gunnells. They're fabulous and always entertaining.

We played a lot of Wii and had a ping pong tournament the last night we were there. Seriously awesome.
Spencer dressed up for the Christmas festivities.
Lookin' good...lookin' good. Avery must love sharing her headbands with her uncles. What more could a girl want?

Christmas was a blast. We began by having pop tarts, chocolate milk, and egg nog. A Williams family tradition. The stocking/present opening was quite the process. We ate breakfast burritos at 4 p.m. I will make sure to eat real food in the morning next time. We were all a little hungry by the time breakfast rolled around just before dinner time. It was SO fun though. I loved the whole day.

Kyle, me and Jeff. In front of the sheet hiding the Christmas room.

Me, Avery, and Jeff. Just hanging out in front of the sheet.
To entertain Avery while things were being finished up, Jeff took her into Dave's office where she made a present for Spencer.

The boys like to give used presents (like a single shoe) so Jeff helped Avery get in on the fun and wrapped Harry Potter CD's for Spencer.

All the boys in their matching OSU pj pants.

CHEESE.

And this pretty much describes Kyle the entire time. It was so funny watching him.

My cute in-laws. They're super fabulous.

Best. Present. EVER! It's an iCarly remote that Avery got. Jeff took it upon himself to cheer or boo for all the presents. It didn't get annoying at all. (Right? We loved the constant extra noise of clapping and booing!)

These 3-D glasses from a random lego magazine that Joey gave to Jeff were a popular item. I'm pretty sure all the boys tried them out.

We took Avery to lunch at Red Robin for her birthday. She got the special birthday treatment with the singing, ice cream, etc.

Andrea and Kevin got a new TV which led to lots of rearranging, but it was really fun doing it. Yay for the bright colors and no glare on the screen! This was right after we finished getting it all set up. I say we, but really I mean Jeff and Kevin. They hooked everything up where it needed to be. Andrea and I slid the couches around and watched the men work.

Finally, all the girls got pedicures. First time for some and it was FABULOUS. It was the perfect ending to our trip. Happy feet=happy Jenny=happy Jeff. There was a lot of happiness all around.

4 comments:

carly said...

What a great post!! I'm so sad I missed out on all the Christmas festivities! Looks like it was a blast. Jenny, I love the equation at the end of your blog. And I love that you all got pedicures (so sad I missed that!).

carly said...

Oh and ps to Avery: way to give Spencer a dose of his own medicine :)

Kevin and Andrea said...

Perfect description of Christmas! It was so much fun to have almost everyone here (Carly, you were missed!).

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, I have the greatest family on earth! Loved the post and the pics. Can't wait till all 13 of us (Carly is the lucky number 13!) are together at the next event. May 2010, here we come!