Does anyone have any awesome connections to people who have lots of money they want to donate to a much needed program that is way under-funded for the services they provide?Grandfamilies needs funding SO badly!
I'm doing my practicum there this year and I absolutely love it.
We provide support and counseling services for grandparents/aunts & uncles raising their relative's children (usually due to drug use, incarceration, mental illness, etc.).
It is funded completely on grants and private donations...so all of the services are FREE to the clients (including therapy for the families/children, etc...)
A lot of these kids have been really traumatized...as in abused, neglected, witnessed domestic violence, witnessed their parents doing drugs, or found their parents after they overdosed. Needless to say, they need some support!
This is such a great program and has been so beneficial to so many families. I love being there and seeing the work they do.
So, if anyone has any great resources or ideas or is really fabulous at raising money, let me know!

1 comment:
If only I was rich... Then we could save both of our programs!
Post a Comment