I love my life.
I got home last night and at the bottom of the stairwell, I could hear giggling and squealing coming from my apartment.
Jeff picked Maddie and Sam up on his way home from work so we could watch them while Emily and Ben went to the temple.
I walk in and see Jeff with both kids on his lap. All laughing hysterically and trying to give each other wet willies. Then they move on to wrestling and hiding under the sheets on our bed.
I'm pretty sure that little cartoon will be a common occurrence of the kinds of things he'll do with our kids. But it will be well worth it. Even if I do have to be the mean one sometimes.
We went to a ward party and took the kiddos. He explored with Sam and raced with Maddie.
He and Sam banged on a sign.
Maddie wanted to make a loud noise as well, but used her fist instead of an open hand which led to tears. Lots of them.
After we got them in the car to take them home, Jeff asked Mads if she still wanted to make a loud noise and bang on our mailboxes.
She, of course, said yes.
He unbuckled her, lifted her out of the car, and took her along each and every mail box...letting her bang on it as loud as she wanted. Then moving her leg so she could kick the last two.
She was THRILLED.
He's going to be such a cute dad.
I feel like he was meant to be a dad.
He loves kids.
He had a great example of a father (thanks, Dave!).
He gets so involved and treats kids like they're people instead of an inconvenience or annoyance the way some people view these precious little guys.
Am I excited to have kids with this guy?
You better believe it.
Even if he does feed children M&M's by the spoonful for dinner.
Jeff picked Maddie and Sam up on his way home from work so we could watch them while Emily and Ben went to the temple.
I walk in and see Jeff with both kids on his lap. All laughing hysterically and trying to give each other wet willies. Then they move on to wrestling and hiding under the sheets on our bed.
I'm pretty sure that little cartoon will be a common occurrence of the kinds of things he'll do with our kids. But it will be well worth it. Even if I do have to be the mean one sometimes.We went to a ward party and took the kiddos. He explored with Sam and raced with Maddie.
He and Sam banged on a sign.
Maddie wanted to make a loud noise as well, but used her fist instead of an open hand which led to tears. Lots of them.
After we got them in the car to take them home, Jeff asked Mads if she still wanted to make a loud noise and bang on our mailboxes.
She, of course, said yes.
He unbuckled her, lifted her out of the car, and took her along each and every mail box...letting her bang on it as loud as she wanted. Then moving her leg so she could kick the last two.
She was THRILLED.
He's going to be such a cute dad.
I feel like he was meant to be a dad.
He loves kids.
He had a great example of a father (thanks, Dave!).
He gets so involved and treats kids like they're people instead of an inconvenience or annoyance the way some people view these precious little guys.
Am I excited to have kids with this guy?
You better believe it.
Even if he does feed children M&M's by the spoonful for dinner.

3 comments:
I absolutely love these little windows into the life of Jeff. Thanks for posting such memorable moments as these. They're refreshing and delightful. And, just for the record, Jenny, you'll make an equally incredible mom. I cannot wait to see you both in these roles. Spoken by a true grandma.
SOOOO cute! What a great couple you two are. :)
He will be amazing. I know because he is an amazing uncle. I can vouch for his skills on the Williams side of the family, too!
Post a Comment