We had NINE kids in our class today. NINE. Half of which are a little on the rambunctious side. The most we've ever had is 5. But today, we had 2 classes. It was pretty brutal.
Today's lesson in primary: helping the kids understand that Jesus was once a child like them and how they can make choices to try to be more like Him.
One of the questions was about activities that they thought Jesus did when he was a child. We talked about how there wasn't electricity so there were no movies, etc...
Cute little Jerrod raises his hand and says,
"Um, I just have to tell you something. I really like playing Mario."
In trying to keep with the lesson, I say, "I like to play Mario too, but Jesus didn't have Mario. What else do you think Jesus liked to do when he was a child?"
Then Jack pipes in,
"Someone said that he played video games like X-Box. But you said there wasn't electricity. So Jesus couldn't play X-Box."
You're absolutely right, Jack. Jesus did not play X-Box.
Shortly after this, we moved on with the lesson.
10 months ago

2 comments:
Man, I can't wait to hear what my sons says when he's able to actually form intelligible words other than "Hi"
He probably played Donkey Kong.... cause that was "really old"... like Jesus of course! Gosh, sounds like I could have added to the fun in that class!
Post a Comment