Yes, this is a random child with Santa that I found on the internet. I'm not creepy and stalkerish though. I just thought it was funny.I was talking with my practicum supervisor (Jacci) today and she made what I thought was a very insightful (and hilarious) comment. We were discussing how so many kids are terrified of Santa and were laughing a little about it and she said,
"Well, it's no wonder. We sit here and teach our kids about stranger danger, then expect them to happily sit on a strange man's lap and be excited about the fact that he sneaks into their homes during the night."
She said it never occurred to her until her grandson wanted his parents to board up the fireplace so Santa couldn't sneak in. He thought Santa should knock on the door if he wanted to get into the house.
I think this theory makes COMPLETE sense. Seriously. Insightful? Um, yes.
To redeem myself from posting a picture of a random child and to see Maddie and Sam with their Santa issues, click Here or Here or Here.
Shout out to Emily for doing awesome with her blog and with raising stranger-danger-aware children.

1 comment:
HAHAHA!! It makes complete sense now. I never thought about how creepy it would be for a kid to legitimately think about some stranger sneaking down their chimney at night and eating their cookies. No wonder they cry!!
Post a Comment