Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Common Courtesty

I think everyone should use it a little more often. Like when I have successfully procrastinated 30 pages worth of paper writing (due on Thursday) and I'm at my practicum waiting around after I finish my work because I have an appointment to therapize a kid at 3:30 and they don't show up. Or even call. I will not be offended if the kid doesn't want to come to therapy with me. I mean, I pretty much just make stuff up anyway and hope I don't screw the kid up even more than they already are. But a simple phone call would really help me out. I don't expect a kid to call. But I do expect the parent/caregiver to let me know that they won't be bringing the kid in to meet with me.
It would take a total of 23 seconds. Just dial the number and say,

"Hey, Jenny. We're not going to make it in today."

Bam. Done. That's all it takes. No explanation needed. Then I can leave a couple of hours earlier because my work is all finished so that I can get my ridiculously procrastinated homework done.

I don't think it's too much to ask.

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Yea, sometimes it is too much to ask. These kids have lives. They have afterschool snacks they have to eat and have to dish to their friends about how cute Jesse McCartney is. Good luck with the papers. Shoot to have the Walsh one done by the time I get home or there will be no Biggest Looser tonight, like there would be anyways... With love and extreem humility, your husband, Jeff

annakaye88 said...

lyke omg ttly jesse mccartney. ily