Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stop and smell the roses

George Adam Yellow...
And thus ends the season of the Oregon State Beavers. 'Expected' is the only word I can think of to describe the Beavers this season. We beat a few teams, lost to some others. What I didn't expect is that the score of the civil war game against Oregon would be so close. Really, for only loosing by 4 points, you'd think the Beavers played well against the Ducks.

But no, we didn't play very well. Sure there were some good plays and yes Canfield didn't throw any interceptions or fumble, and sure we recovered a couple of turnovers for some points, sure there were good drives, and yes we did score 33 points to their 37, but really? Wow, we sure didn't play very well. I would almost say we sucked it up, but really, we didn't suck it up. We were close to sucking it up, but we didn't suck it up. We played suckily, yea, suckily, I'll go with that.

Maybe if the Beavers could convert on some 3rd downs; maybe if it didn't take 6 guys to tackle someone; maybe if we could score a touchdown instead of settling for 4, four, fier, quatro, yes 4 freaking field goals we may have actually have won the game.

But alas, as expected, we didn't win the civil war, we didn't win the Pac-10, we won't go to the Rose Bowl and we'll probably go to the most suckiest bowl of all, the Las Vegas Bowl, where we will play against either BYU or Utah, both of whom we can definitely loose to. Eek. It's hard to be a Beaver's fan.

Dad, why did we have to move to Corvallis? Why couldn't we have stayed in New Jersey? Why couldn't we have moved to Southern California or Ohio or Flordia or Texas? I wonder what it's like to stand behind a winning team? Someone day I'd like to know.

2 comments:

Manda said...

Or you could have moved to Eugene and been a duck fan! :) But then you would have never met Jon and by extension, me, and that would be tragic, no?

Jeffrey said...

You are absolutely correct. I've gained to much from moving to Corvallis to ever change.