This little buddy:
Today, Sam and I picked Maddie up at school. When we got back to their house, Mads asked if I would stand behind her while she wheeled up the ramp. I said,
"Sure. But only if I hear that nice word." (please. She absolutely refuses to say it to me).
Mads: "Maybe I'll just go up backwards and hopefully not fall."
Sam and Maddie played outside for a while and Maddie kept yelling to me,
"Watch, Jenny. Sam will do ANYTHING I tell him to do."
He will indeed. And he followed the little boss mama's every direction for a good half hour.
Once inside, Maddie wanted some M&M's. She loves anything chocolate. So, I say,
"Feel free to have some M&M's when you're ready to use nice words."
She wheels off and later I say, "I guess you don't want any M&M's."
"Yes I do."
"You know what needs to happen in order to get them."
So, naturally, she turned around and ignored me.
I told her that some day she will actually have to say please to me.
Her response?
"How 'bout when I turn 6. I'll start then."
She is SO strong-willed and SO stubborn. That combined with being the first born AND a girl...it's a brutal combination.
Reason number 764 I hope we have a boy first.
I love these kiddos so much though.

1 comment:
I am voting for a little Gus!
Post a Comment